NECC 2nd meeting minutes
Saturday, November 30, 2014
Dr. Shashi B. Upadhya, Mr. Krishna Nirola, Mr. Hari K Sharma, Pandit Shridhar Gyawali, Khilendra Neupane, Saroj Prajapati, Netra Ghising, Laxman Pradhan, Ram Chandra Bhattarai, Parshu Ram Bhandari, Sushil Neupane, Pawan Khanal, Dhruba Giri, Rajendra Rimal, Anandu Lama Theeng, Prabin Tamrakar,
Kabindra Sitoula, Chetnath Bhandari, Krishna Khanal, Bara Ram Bista, Ganesh Lal Kayastha, Umesh Niroula, Deepak J Bishwokarma, Durga Shrestha, Narayan Adhikari, Janak Adhikari, Narayan Kharel, Dr. Hari P Bhattarai, Bishnu Sheetal, Parashu Timilsina, Ram Lal Shrestha, Nagendra Poudel, and Netra Ghising
Informed not to be able to attend the meeting:
Madhu Sudan Bhandari, Prem Sangraula, Manju Karki Sangraula, Saroj Prajapati, Krishna Prajapati, Pradeep Dhakal, Ram C Kharel, Makar Gopal Rayamajhi
Agendas and Decisions:
1. Condolences: Meeting expressed condolence to NECC Treasurer Laxman Pradhan for untimely loss of his beloved mother Mrs Putali Pradhan, Mrs. Mai Tamang for untimely loss of her beloved husband Mr. Tirtha B Lama and Mr. Yogesh Upadhya and Sita Pandey on untimely death of their beloved son Annal Upadhaya.
2. BOT Announcement: Election commission announced Board of Trustee for Chair Dr. Shyam Karki, Vice Chair Mr. Krishna Nirola, and Members: Dr. Hari H Sharma, Dr. Shashi Upadhya, Dr. Maheswor Baidhya, Mrs. Meena Giri, Mr. Ram Chandra Kharel, Mr. Kabindra Sitaula, Mr. Lok Nath Tiwari, Mrs. Manju Sangraula, and Mr. Ganesh Lal Kayastha. According to the BOT election commission’s report following 30 members are verified as NECC Trustees: Dr. Hari & Indira Sharma Mudvari, Dr. Shyam & Indira Karki, Dr. Maheswor & Beena Baidhya, Dr. Balram & Sarla Aryal, Dr. Amar & Meena Giri, Dr. Kamal & Jyoti Pathak, Dr. Pavitra & Amrit Tuladhar, Dr. Shashi & Maureen Upadhya, Association of Nepalese in America, America Nepal Society, Rakesh Kumar, Beda Bhakta Joshi, Ram & Nilu Kharel, Ganesh Lal & Haribaba Kayastha, Narottam & Shova Khatri, Makar & Bishnu Rayamajhi, Prem & Manju Sangraula, Khilendra & Shanti Neupane, Kabindra & Ranjeeta Sitaula, Ghar-E-Kabab (Lok Tiwari & Chetnath Bhandari), Krishna & Rita Nirola, Kumud & Bhadrika Sharma, Kunjar & Caroline Sharma, Late Nirakar & Patricia Thakur, Pramod & Renu Sharma, Sharada & Lalita Bhandari, Raj Krishna & Maheswari Shrestha, Raja & Prabha Upadhya, Mr./Mrs. Ash Shah, and Janaki Giri. Also, seven trustee members to be verified are Dr. Mahendra & Surita Karki, Dr. Manik Lal & Rajshree Shrestha, Bakhat Bahadur & Sanjeeta Basnet, Surendra & Shanta Shukla, Jaya Raj & Sudha Gautam, Anil Pathak, and Chandra Dhakal. Meeting thanked to the election commission (Hari K Sharma, Khilendra Neupane, and Ganesh Lal Kayastha) for successful completion their task assigned by the executive committee.
3. Nomination for executive committee: Communication Director Mr. Madhusudhan Bhandari has been nominated in the position of executive secretary which was vacated due to the resignation of then secretary Ram C Kharel and his nomination in the BOT as member, meeting has confirmed the nomination. Subsequently, the vacated position of Communication Director, Mr. Bishnu Sheetal has been nominated and confirmed by the meeting. Meeting also tasked Parashu Timilsina as chief editor of Namaste. Moreover, Deepak Janga Bishwokarma and Janak Adhikari are nominated in executive committee. They are representing from NASO and Woodbridge Language School.
4. Vote of thanks: Meeting passed the vote of thanks to Deusi Teams, $1000.00 donation from United Nepal, $476.50 donation from Mataji’s events from Fairfax Nepalese Society, $238.00 donation and Dollar a Day promotion from Shree Satya Sai Kendra. Also, thanked to NPPA and NOA for supporting on NECC’s cause in their annual events.
5. Web site update: Community Outreach Directors Mr. ParshuRam Bhandari updated the status on web site construction on behalf of NECC Webmaster Mr. Pradeep Dhakal. The team is heavily engaging and next update will be out soon.
6. Meeting tasked Bhajan Director Mr. Dhruba Giri to coordinate the monthly puja and Bhajan from 11:00AM to 1:00PM first Sunday of each month. Also, Permit and project Director Mr. Umesh Niraula initiated to coordinate music and dance classes for the same time. Moreover; meeting discussed about the spiritual speech, meditation, and yoga classes to be organized.
7. Meeting unanimously adapted the “Dollar a day” initiative. Every member committed to drive this initiative in their respective area. Meeting decided to post the list those who signed up for Dollar a Day donation in Mandir’s wall each month. Meeting also requested President Mr. Khilendra Neupane and Treasurer Mr. Laxman Pradhan to research effective way to recognize those donors.
8. Request to support Nepali language class run by Nepali community in Woodbridge, VA has been approved by the meeting and logistics will be worked out by President Mr. Khilendra Neupane and General Secretary Mr. Netra Ghising to support in a way it needs NECC’s support.
9. Money Count and Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Mr. Laxman Pradhan counted the money from the box, received money from Pandit jee, United Nepal, Deusi teams, FNS, SSK, Dollar a Day donors, and few individuals. Mr. Pradhan will open new bank account with President and Vice Treasurer’s signatory and deposit all the money and provide report to the committee. Meeting requested treasurer and vice treasurer to send donation receipt by December 31, 2014 and publicize the account balance sheet in quarterly basis.
10. Meeting decided new date for its monthly meeting on the first Sunday of each month at 1:30 PM.
11. President Khilendra Neupane adjourned the meeting with note of thanks to all participants.